Pre-Order 2016-17 School Supplies, Grade 6 Farewell, Report Cards : June 16, 2016
Professional Learning Day
Friday, June 17th
Noon dismissal for Gr. 1 to 6
No Kindergarten Classes
1. The concern of children riding their bikes across the crosswalks came up at the Traffic Safety Meeting this month. Children are asked to please walk their bikes across crosswalks, especially with the construction traffic and the increasing tourist traffic.
2. The office doors are open from 8-4. Please remind your children if they are arriving after the bell and the door they usually enter through is locked, to come through the office doors.
Have you noticed the new no parking signs on Big Horn Street?
For your child’s safety, please avoid picking up or dropping off your child on Big Horn Street. Parking has now been restricted on this street.
Last Day of School Dates
Last day of school for Kindergarten students is Friday, June 24th, 12pm dismissal (K families - Enjoy the annual Family Picnic!)
Last day of school for Grade 1 - 6 students is Thursday, June 30th, 12pm dismissal
Pre-Order 2016-17 School Supplies
BES School Council and Bow Valley Basics are working together to offer you great savings and convenience for your child’s school supplies! This is an optional program. You must order and pay through Bow Valley Basics (not at the school) by June 24th to take advantage of the pre-order pricing. Please click here for more information and the supply list for each grade.
Grade 6 Farewell
Thursday, June 30th, 10:00am School Gym
Please click here for your invitation.
Thursday June 16th is the last lunch program date for this school year. Thank you for another successful year! In order to offer a lunch program again next year, we need to fill some open volunteer spots prior to June 30:
- We are in need of a computer savvy person to manage our MunchaLunch software program. It requires approximately 2-3 hours of time with each lunch session which is twice a year.
- We also need someone to pick up the Nesters fruit/vegetable donation each Wednesday, prepare it and deliver it to the school on Thursdays at noon.
- As always, we need parent volunteers to serve the lunch on Tuesday/Thursdays for about 25mins over the lunch hour (siblings are welcome).
We will provide training for each of these roles. If you are able to volunteer or have any questions, please contact a member of the lunch team: Rebecca Mottram (email@example.com); Tracey Bartley (firstname.lastname@example.org); or Kelsie Lambert (email@example.com)
Lost and Found
Lost and Found tables have been set up in the hallway outside of the office. Please find time to check before Friday, June 24. After that all items will be donated to charity.
Reports cards will be handed out on the last day of school. If the student will not be at school on that day, you will be able to access a digital version of their report card on the Parent Portal after June 30th or you can provide a self addressed, stamped envelope and the report card will be mailed to you. There is a quick link to PowerSchool Parent Portal on the BES website. Grades and Teacher Comments visible on Parent Portal are not final until June 30th.
Town of Banff Try It Programs
The TRY IT series is back with Swimming on June 29th. Please click here for more information.
BES CUBS T-Shirts For Sale
Get your CUBS T-Shirt before the end of school. T-Shirts are on sale for $15 at the office while supplies last (cash or cheque to BES School Council). Sales from the T-Shirts will support School Council initiatives.
Right from the Start
RFTS supports mental health in schools, with families, and within the community. Wellness Mentors and Success Coaches are in Banff Elementary School. Our doors are always open. Please click here for news and upcoming events.
Settlement Services provides Permanent Residents of Canada, Live-In Caregivers and Refugees with the support they need to settle in the Bow Valley. More information about Settlement Services and a calendar of events is available at: www.banff.ca/settlement or follow on Facebook: www.facebook.com/settlement.services.in.the.bow.valley.